Information on the processing of personal data of the users visiting the website according to the European General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 [GDPR]
Effective date: May 2018
The information provided below describes, as required by the EU Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter, the “GDPR”), the processing operations performed on the personal data of the users (hereinafter, the “User”) visiting the website www.pneumofore.com, including the dist.pneumofore.com website, hereinafter the “Website”. This Policy refers to the Website only, therefore it does not apply to other websites, pages or services that can be accessed via hyperlinks on the Website and visited by the user through a link and outside the Pneumofore’s domain.
Ownership and responsibilities regarding handling of personal data
Data handling location
The Data provided by the User will be handled at the headquarters of the data handling Owner.
Objectives of data handling and its modalities
Personal data and navigation data, automatically gathered by the site or voluntarily supplied by the User or the interested party, are collected for the objectives and with the modalities indicated below.
Data will be handled through instruments and with modalities that ensure data privacy and security, in accordance with the GDPR, and current regulations.
Pneumofore may use both compulsory and voluntary data supplied by Users for the following purposes:
- Operational: delivery of services and goods purchased, and, in general, meeting administrative, accounting, contractual obligations or technical requirements
- Communication with the User: to share information with the User (e.g.: to provide information about uptades of this Policy or Website maintenance notification), or answering specific requests for information by the User
- Website improvements: information about how the User interact with the Website may be analized to provide an improved experience, including site analytics
- Marketing: supplying the User with updates on new products or services offered or on specific commercial offers
- Customization: personal information may be used to improve the User experience of the Website, (e.g.: content based on the User’s interests), allowing commercial profiling of the User
- Employment applications: if the User submits a job application or curriculum vitae
- Law obligations: personal information may be processed to, for example, carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, where this is explicitly required by law. This may allow the Owner of the Website to defend himself in Court, or prior to a Court action, from User’s abuse of the Webiste itself or its services.
Personal information may be also anonymize in such a way that the User may not reasonably be re-identified and this anonymized information mey be used for any other purpose.
Types of handled data
Data automatically supplied by the User
During operations, information systems and procedures connected with the Website, some personal data about the User may be collected along with the navigation data connected with the technical use of the Website, which allows the registered User to access the services that are offered. This information is given compulsorily.
This type of information allows the identification the user or the interested party. This category of data include:
- personal details (e.g.: name, surname, education)
- contact details (e.g.: telephone number, e-mail address, fax)
- account details (e.g.: user name, password)
- technical details: IP address or other information connected with the identity of the User or his/her technical modalities of accessing the Website
This data is used solely for the objectives indicated above, and only for the length of time that is necessary to execute the services requested by the User. The User will have the prerogative to request removal of such data at any time for legitimate reasons. This kind of data could be used to verify responsibility in case of possible cybercrimes against the Website.
Data voluntarily supplied by the User
Supplying sensitive personal data, such as data that might identify the user’s ethnic or racial background, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, health conditions or sexual orientation, remains an optional and voluntary action, and requires explicit consent by the User.
In case the User should decide to utilize the site, in any way, for publishing or sharing a third party’s data, he/she will assume total and complete responsibility for such action. The Owner will be held harmless for the instrumental handling of data consequent to said communication or dissemination.
Pneumofore declares its commitment to keep and control all data automatically gathered by the site or voluntarily supplied by the User in such a manner and with such measures as to reduce to the minimum all risks relating to destruction, loss, unauthorized access, not permitted or inappropriate handling of said data for objectives that are inconsistent with the original purpose of their collection.
Data handling outside the European Union
Personal data handling may take place in a Country that is not a European Union member only if said non-member Country can guarantee an adequate level of protection and safety. For this reason, Pneumofore guarantees services from suppliers that conform to protection protocols for data safety, such as “Safe Harbor”, that is, a bilateral agreement between EU and USA that defines safe and shared rules for personal data transfer to companies located in the US.
Rights of the parties involved
In order to exercise the rights established by the GDPR, the User may contact directly the data handling Owner at the address stated above.